By Josh Reese
Below is a list of the top five fighters Rousey should face in her 1st trip to the octagon as a UFC fighter. Seeing that it is very unlikely that Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos will make Bantamweight, which is the only division currently in the UFC. We now are tasked with difficult responsibility to find a suitable replacement for the most exciting thing to hit sports since the forward pass in Football.
1. Miesha Tate (13-3) They got history, they both hate each other…. If you want to welcome the women 135’ers to the UFC you have to put on a female TUF with Tate and Rousey as the coaches that would more than likely be way more popular then Jones and Sonnen…. These two ladies could easily be a Co-Main event no questions asked..
2. Gina Carano (7-1) So you can’t get Cyborg then how about the mother of WMMA, she paved the road for all women and for one big huge fight she might be able to be coxed out of retirement. If Carano could make 135, a fight with her much like with Tate would not need to be hyped it’d be huge!
3. Sara McMann (6-0) Olympian vs. Olympian wouldn’t FOX love to have this fight on a main card that would sell to the public. She has racked up 6 wins in a row and while may not as exciting as Rousey it’d still be very interesting.
4. Cat Zingano (7-0) This could be an interesting fight, Zingano she has the Jiu Jitsu to maybe say out of sticky situations on the ground and she has the stand up to make it compelling.
5. Liz Carmouche (7-2) Now of all 5 she would be the toughest to sell, she lost to Sarah Kaufman who Rousey dispatched with ease, but since that fight she has gotten 2 wins in a row both by way of a finish.