By Josh Reese
1. Jon Jones (16-1) Sure he has had his media ups and downs, but he his still the top of the LHW ranks. He has defeated former champ after champ, and doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
2. Dan Henderson (29-8) Henderson could be a top ten from Heavyweight to Flyweight, he his just a born winner. Over 40 years old he had a date with Jones but an injury forced him out of the bout.
3. Lyoto Machida (18-3) Considered one of the only people to test Jon Jones, he recently earned a KO win over Ryan Bader to prove he is back.
4. Alexander Gustafsson (14-1) May not have the wins other fighters have but he is legit, and will get a eventual date with Jones. 12 finishes in 14 fights, including 9 KO, TKO’s.
5. Rashad Evans (17-2-1) Suga is the only fighter to go 5 rounds with Jones although he lost it was semi competitive. Before that he went 4-0 with 3 decisions, with 2 wins over former champs in Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson.
6. Mauricio Rua (21-6) He is not the Rua of old and may never be, but he finds ways to pull out fights. He almost pulled out the fight with Henderson and pulled out the fight with Brandon Vera.
7. Ryan Jimmo (17-1) Not many fighters have a win streak like Jimmo’s, after starting his career 0-1 he ran off a monster 17 fight win streak which included a :07 KO in his 1st UFC appearance.
8. Glover Teixeira (18-2) Like Jimmo he also was riding monster hype, going in to his UFC fight and he delivered quickly subbing Kyle Kingsbury. Jimmo is ranked higher cause he beat better opposition.
9. Gegard Mousasi (32-3-2) One of the best fighters not in the UFC, has beat a who’s who of mma fighters, including Mark Hunt, Hector Lombard, and Ronaldo Souza.
10. Ryan Bader (14-3) He may have lost more recently in then in his whole career, but he is now fighting the best competition he has yet. The last 5 guys he faced 4 were former champions, going 2-3 including a shocking loss to Tito Ortiz